Massage therapy is a hands-on treatment by clinicians to treat muscle aches, joint pain, and limited range of motion. It encompasses a variety of techniques including soft tissue mobilization of muscles, specific joint mobilization, and joint manipulation.
The three most notable forms of massage therapy are:
- Manipulation is the application of a rapid force into a joint(s). Manipulation is often associated with an audible popping sound called cavitation.
- Mobilization is a slower, more controlled process of articular and soft-tissue stretching intended to improve joint mobility.
- Massage is typically the repetitive rubbing, stripping or kneading of muscle and fascia tissues to facilitate healing.
Massage therapy has been proven to be an important part of an overall conservative treatment plan for a variety of conditions including:
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Shoulder impingement
- Shoulder stiffness/limited range of motion
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Pinched nerves
- Limited joint range of motion
- Capsule tightness
- Postsurgical stiffness
- Much more.
Massage therapy is typically part of a complete treatment plan that is customized for your specific needs. Give us a call to learn how we can incorporate manual therapy into your rehabilitation program.
Stacy Gillette , Massage Therapist
As a dedicated massage therapist with over a decade of experience servicing El Dorado County and surrounding areas, my passion for this profession runs deep. It’s not just a job; It’s a calling. Each massage session is an opportunity for me to provide you with not just physical relaxation but a holistic sense of well-being. Over the years, I’ve witnessed the transformative power of massage therapy, alleviating pain reducing stress and enhancing overall health. My commitment to this craft drives me to continually expand my knowledge and skills and ensure that every session is tailored to your unique needs. I’m truly passionate about making a positivee impact on your life through the art of massage.
Hurley Therapeutic Massage Day Spa, day spa and massage therapy in Placerville, CA. Specializing in infant massage